Corralejo, Fuerteventura, 15" x 11"
A few months ago, I was asked by a visitor to my blog how my style has changed over the years. Finding it a bit difficult to answer, I decided to paint a subject from 5 years ago to make a comparison. The scene was a street in the town of Correlejo on the island of Fuerteventura. Above is the new interpretation and below is the previous one painted in 2010. I will let visitors make up their own minds. Compared to 5 years ago I....
- Use better paper (Saunders Waterford Rough)
- Use larger sized paper, maybe twice the size I used to
- Use bigger brushes - nice mops
- Use better paint - Winsor & Newton mostly
- Paint perhaps in a looser style