Watercolour 15" x 11" on Saunders Waterford Paper 300 gms Rough
Last day of the Alvaro workshop and a trip into the nearby seaside town of Scarborough. It poured down with rain all the time we were there, so had to do this from a photo I took on the day. Anyway lessons learned:
- Think about composition before a painting - change things you see to suit the composition
- Avoid painting groups of people together
- Values in a painting - where are the darkest and lightest areas?
- Colour - New colour combination Cerulean Blue and Burnt Sienna makes for a great grey
- Painting techniques - Dry brush strokes, wet in wet.
- Lost and found